Love for comfortable interiors, light and happiness!

Love for comfortable interiors, light and happiness!

March 05, 2011

Janie Hirsch

Janie Hirsch Powder Room

At first glance you fall in love.  At second glance you notice all the gold and wonder.  At third glance ( which lasts much longer that 1st and 2nd ) you notice exactly why you fell in love!

White walls and the mirrors and the beautiful use of a soft dove gray give the gold a lovely back drop.  The use of the gold ( while it stands out ) is not overwhelming, it's darned pretty.  And I like Pretty.

Even the gold under mount sink ( which is nice and shiny ) has an allure to match the sink faucet.  The mirror over the sink has a lovely old world appeal and the light sconces seem to be the modern touch needed to balance.  I prefer balance to symmetry myself.  If you are wondering about the difference between the two stay tuned and I will go into that another time.  ( You may have to remind me though. )  ENJOY!!

Photo borrowed from My Notting Hill.

No comments:

Post a Comment